In the ever-evolving landscape of B2B marketing, creating a cohesive omni-channel strategy is paramount to reaching your target audience effectively. By incorporating various tactics across multiple channels, B2B companies can amplify their brand presence and engage potential clients on multiple fronts. Here’s your comprehensive checklist for building a powerful omni-channel marketing strategy.
Define Your Ideal Customer & Objectives:
Understanding your ideal customer is the first step in the marketing process. Once an ideal customer profile is defined, tactics to achieve desired outcomes can be established. There are several critical elements to keep in mind when defining your ideal customer and how to reach him/her:
- Utilize data-driven insights including firmographic and behavioral information to develop your ideal customer profile and understand the cross-channel user journey.
- Prioritize using partners with first-party data–information that is directly collected from subscribers and website visitors, to ensure you will reach your ideal customer.
- Craft omni-channel strategies to reach your ideal customer and influence the buying journey across multiple channels, touchpoints and time.
- Define what success looks like ahead of time–such as building awareness, generating website traffic, driving business leads, etc—and how you will measure success of each tactic. Ensure this aligns with the user journey and develop realistic goals
Digital Display Advertising:
Digital display advertising has become a cornerstone of modern B2B marketing. In a world where digital interactions are the norm, it’s crucial to establish a strong online presence. Here are some key considerations for your digital display strategy:
- Focus on reach and frequency to achieve repeated exposure to your ideal audience.
- Create visually appealing, responsive ads for various devices.
- Continuously analyze ad performance and optimize accordingly.
Email marketing remains a powerful tool for B2B marketers. Advertising in editorial newsletters and incorporating co-branded emails can generate exceptional results, provided they are executed thoughtfully and strategically:
- Leverage a media partner with existing relationships (first-party data) to ensure a verified audience is reached.
- Utilize compelling creative and messaging to grab the attention of your target audience
- Share valuable content, such as industry insights and case studies.
- Consider using email to drive the audience to engage with sponsored content, such as professional content piece with a credible source of industry news.
While digital continues to grow in importance for a marketing strategy, print advertising plays a valuable role in a B2B marketing strategy:
- Choose leading sources of trusted industry news for optimal placement.
- Invest in exceptional design and captivating visuals.
- Integrate print advertising with digital efforts using QR codes and increasing reach & frequency by utilizing digital channels
- Maintain a consistent presence in print publications to reinforce brand recognition.
Events and Conferences:
In-person and virtual events present valuable opportunities for B2B companies:
- Partner with recognized companies that host credible events with decision-making attendees.
- Encourage team participation as speakers or panelists to establish thought leadership.
- Implement targeted follow-up campaigns to nurture connections made.
By following this checklist and incorporating digital display, email marketing, events, and print tactics into your omni-channel strategy, B2B companies can maximize reach and engagement with the target audience. Remember that the key to success in the dynamic world of B2B marketing is a well-rounded approach that adapts to changing customer preferences and industry trends.
At BridgeTower Media, we specialize in helping businesses grow by utilizing our unmatched first-party data and marketing their business across the channels presented in this checklist and more.
Complete the form below to connect with BridgeTower Media’s audience of legal professionals across a variety of channels